Wednesday, October 18, 2017

A continued grind upwards

Mid-week market update: I wrote last weekend that there was a possibility that the stock market may undergo a melt-up, followed by a crash (see Market melt-up and crash?). That scenario may well be occurring, and I sent out an email to subscribers on Monday stating that my trading account had moved from all-cash to being long stocks.

There are a number of reasons for my tactical position. First, I had set a line in the sand on the weekend. The SPX was overbought, as evidenced by the combination of a weekly close above the upper Bollinger Band, and RSI-14 above 70. In the past, a mean reversion of RSI-14 below 70 was a signal for a correction of 2-5%. That sell signal has not occurred yet.



In fact, RSI-14 has not even mean reverted below 70 on the daily SPX chart.



The full post can be found at our new site here.

No comments: