Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Round number-itis at 2500

Mid-week market update: I normally write my mid-week market update on Wednesday, but the market action on FOMC decision days tend to be wildcards and not necessarily indicative of future market direction, therefore I am writing my commentary a day early.

I agree with Jonathan Krinsky of MKM Partners when he wrote that the stock market is likely to encounter some resistance at SPX 2500, but the intermediate term remains bullish.


There are a number of strong negative seasonal factors at work, as well as some short-term overbought indicators that point to either a period of consolidation or shallow pullback. That said, I discovered a little noticed but unusual sentiment buy signal that has historically resolved itself bullishly in the past.

The full post can be found at our new site here.

No comments: